Sunday, November 14, 2010

Countdown begins...

The last time we moved I swore I wouldn't do it again for at least 5 years. It's been 2 1/2 years only, and we are driving away from not only our home, but our homeSTATE in 3 weeks!

My head is spinning as I try to wrap my mind around packing a house, while finishing annual goals for our region at work, while raising 3 toddlers, while remembering to shower and eat... I'm sure lots will be taken to consignment and/or tossed away (which I'm actually looking forward to); after all, isn't moving the perfect opportunity to get rid of stuff you haven't used in years? My rule: if I haven't opened the box since the last move, I'm throwing it away without looking at it's contents. :) We'll see.

Here's the rundown:
-The POD is coming on the 24th
-We are closing on the house on the 29th
-We are finishing loading the POD on the 1st so it can be taken away on the 2nd
-We're staying with my inlaws for a few days while we wrap up a few appts here
-We're driving away, with 2 cars, 3 kids, 1 dog, and about 6 suitcases on the 6th of December!

Wow. I think I just hyperventilated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you arrive at our house on the 7th for a couple days of R&R. Just look forward to that evening. We'll have a sweet meal and comfy beds for you all. :)

It's hard to believe right now, but it'll all get done, and this stress you feel right now will be a distant (bad) memory in just a few short weeks...

Amy Hook said...

You sound a lot like your sister when it comes to moving ;). How wonderful that the two of you will be so close. I'm jealous. I want to live near my sister again!!

The poms are so easy and fun! I linked the "how to" on my blog, it's from Martha Stewart weddings. I didn't worry about the dimensions of the tissue paper - I just used the 20 x 20 that they had at our dollar store. Nothing like cute, cheap decorations!

Happy settling in to your new home and life in Charlotte!