Sunday, March 11, 2007

Getting Screwed

Last night I got screwed. And I don't mean in the romantic way that I know it sounds. :) Here's a recap:

We hired a babysitter! We got all dolled up and were going out with friends. I had been craving Steak Quesadillas from this particular restaurant all day long. When we got there though, the restaurant had been replaced. (Screwed #1) So we all decided on another Mexican place, and I got steak quesadillas; they were very good.

During the course of the evening, we realized it's Daylight Savings and we were going to lose an hour of sleep! This wouldn't be so bad except that we had agreed to get up and do nursery duty at the early service at church this morning meaning an extra early wake up. Furthermore, it was Greg's morning to get up with Noah and my morning to sleep in a few extra hours. This did not happen and I was up at the buttcrack of dawn. (Screwed #2)

This is the best part though. In the middle of the night, I started feeling a little queasy. Hmmm. To save you from the gory details, I'll just say that 3 hours later, after the worst food-poisoning vomit session in my history thus far, I was finally back in bed. I actually had to wake Greg up at one point because I had those miserable cold sweats where everything goes black around you and I thought that if I pass out and actually fall head-first into the toilet he might just sleep peacefully all night while I drown. What a way to go. (Screwed #3)

During my hellish wretching extravaganza, Greg said that I could just stay home this morning and he would take Noah to church and take care of our nursery duty himself. Great! I can eat saltine crackers and sleep in afterall, I thought wishfully. As the fates would have it, after I went back to bed, Noah started coughing--a lot--all night--until his poor throat had just about had it. So while Greg is at church this morning, I am home feeling incredibly sorry for myself while taking care of Noah, who doesn't seem to be phased at all by the coughing because he is pulling my hair from behind the computer chair and trying to put plastic balls down the back of my shirt. (Screwed #4)

I guess on the upside, yesterday was a beautiful day and I got a bit of a tan.

6 comments:

chichimama said...

Oh man. I hope you feel better soon, food poisoning is the worst! Hope Noah's cough gets better too, poor thing.

Ava said...

Hi Friend,
So sorry you got sick! Hope you were able to rest today...whatever that is!
Give Noah a get well kiss from us!
Love You,
Jenny

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Whew! That is really quite a day. Food poisoning is the worst too. Nothing like hanging out over a toilet seat for hours on end. Good times.

Take care and hope you feel better soon!

Heather said...

Oh, that all sucks. Sorry you had such a crappy weekend. Hope and Noah feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I set my alarm extra early thinking it would be nice and sunny outside due to daylight savings and I could go for a run...yeah, it wasn't.

Stupid daylight savings.

Anonymous said...

Yeesh - are you sure it was food poisoning and not our awesome family genetics that kick in every few months to purge the stomach and intestines? So sowwy Charlie. Hope you're feeling better.