Wednesday, September 05, 2007

InterNOT

I was all ready to post a new entry last night after loading and editing some pictures on my computer and everything. Suddenly and for no reason at all, the internet shut down. It wouldn't open again. I went to the control panel and repaired the connection, I turned off the computer and restarted it, I spoke nicely to it and then finally resorted to yelling. Nothing. This is not the first time this has happened, no, it's been going on consistently for the past 2 weeks! And this isn't dial-up we're talking about either; we pay a stinkin' lot of dinero every month for instantaneous, do-what-I-say, high-speed internet. Furthermore, it's with AT&T! We're not talking Joe's Hubcaps and Internet here, people.

I hate all electronics that don't listen to the commands I give. Aside from slow drivers on the road, nothing can get me stringing words together that I haven't used since the ole farm days in Iowa like crappy internet or cable service. Thus endeth my ranting. Hopefully by the time I get home tonight I'll be able to turn on my lovely computer, post a worth-while blog entry complete with a picture or two, and be done with the yelling for one day.

I'll let you know. :)

9 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

Okay, that's hilarious! I mean, not funny for you, but funny for me. I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

We've been having computer troubles at home, too, and it is SO incredibly frustrating. I love the title of your post.

lindsayloo said...

oh my word. i can totally sympathize!!! if you read my blog about technology you shall see i have a poor relationship with anything technical, digital, electronic... we don't get along. we just agree to disagree.
same with the road rage. not so great with a toddler in the car. =)

Lisa said...

We have Comcast cable internet, also not cheap, and go through phases where it just goes out all the time. For no apparent reason. Of course, if you call them to fuss, they say it is only you without service and there is no fault on their end, they have no idea why your internet is not working. blech. Equally frustrating as some nights I work from home on the side and this work requires internet connection.

chichimama said...

Yep. Our new provider is better, but I still feel like I am rebooting the router several times a week...

Jackie Sue said...

The funny thing too is that my husband defends these people. Last night he said that maybe it is our computer, so we should probably spend $2000 on a new iMac.

Lot of money for a "maybe." :)

Sara Neufeld said...

Can you get Cox Digital Cable there? That's what we have and have had no problems at all...

Anonymous said...

One of my biggest annoyances in the world I tell you! I hate it when that happens. Ugh!

Me said...

Just popped in today but this post made me laugh. You see, I've been going through the same with Mediacom and finally HAD ENOUGH and about 3 weeks ago we divorced Mediacom and proposed to the Qwest/Directv bundle.

I was happy when the marriage took place but within the second week Qwest was skipping out on me as well.

I am not sure I'll EVER find a true love. :)